1845 West 18th Street | Indianapolis, IN | 46202 | (317) 916-0810 MORE LOCATIONS
The purpose of the Indiana Head Start Association (IHSA), Incorporated shall be to provide a state forum to nurture, empower and advocate for its members by:
- Providing its members with opportunities of peer interaction and support.
- Providing training and professional development opportunities
- Providing a working forum for expression and resolution of membership concerns and issues.
- Collaborating with other organizations in the best interest of children and their families.
- Advocating at the national, regional and state levels in order to achieve best practices.
The name of the corporation shall be the Indiana Head Start Association, Inc., also known as IHSA, Inc., a Non-Profit Corporation.
The fiscal year of the IHSA, Inc. shall begin on the first day of January and end on the last day of December next succeeding.
Section A. Members.
Annually renewable membership in the IHSA, Inc., shall be open to all Head Start and Early Head Start Grantees, Delegates and interested organizations and/or individuals.
Membership will consist of:
- Voting Members - Head Start and Early Head Start Programs with current paid memberships.
- Non-voting Members - Supporters of Head Start, Early Head Start and the IHSA, Inc. with current paid membership.
Section B. Membership Privileges.
- Voting members have the following privileges:
- To be entitled to three votes per program. These are one parent, one staff member and one program director. Each agency has discretion within each of these categories for assigning voting responsibilities.
- To be entitled to cast votes at scheduled meetings as the need for voting arises.
- To be eligible for election to the IHSA, Inc. Board of Directors.
- All members shall have the following privileges:
- To receive information pertinent to the maintenance, development and activities of the IHSA, Inc.
- To receive notices of the IHSA, Inc. in a timely manner.
- To receive minutes of meetings of the IHSA, Inc. in a timely manner.
- To be eligible for appointment to membership on standing or ad hoc committees.
- To be eligible for services or activities as established by the IHSA Board or general membership.
Section C. Receipts of Membership.
The IHSA, Inc. Board of Directors will provide for the issuance of receipts documenting membership. The form shall be determined by the IHSA, Inc., Board of Directors. Receipts shall be signed by the Treasurer. The member’s name, address and date of issuance of receipts shall be entered in the records of the IHSA, Inc.
Article V: Dues
Article VI: General Membership Meetings
Article VII: Election of the Board of Directors
Article VIII: Board of Directors
Article IX: Officers of the Board of Directors
Article X: Officer Duties
Article XI: Board Committees
Article XII: Executive Director
Article Xlll: Rules
Article XIV: Contracts, Loans, Checks, Deposits, Funds
Article XV: Books and Records
Article XVl: Legal Counsel
Article XVIl: Amendment of the By-Laws
Article XVIIl: Prohibition Against Sharing Corporate Earnings
Article XIX: Dissolution
Article XX: Exempt Activities